Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I don't consider myself a macro photographer. I don't even own a macro lens but I do have some borrowed telescoping tubes that I enjoy using on occasion. I'll admit that I've been feeling a little uninspired lately. I'm sure that all of you fellow moms understand the need to recharge. Life gets hectic and we forget to take time out for ourselves.

I haven't done any nature photography in quite some time. I told myself that there wasn't a point because I never do anything with the photos that I take. Well, I've changed my mind. There is a point. Taking nature photos and macro photos is fun! Macro photography takes a level of concentration and patience that requires me to be in my own little world for a time. I think of nothing else but composition, focus and exposure. It is amazing really, crawling around with a magnifying lens on your camera, enlarging tiny little details. If you haven't taken the time to really inspect nature on a magnified level, you really should...


This is one of those tiny white flowers that grows amongst the clovers. It doesn't seem like anything extraordinary at a glance but it really is quite beautiful when you really look at the detail.


I'm not sure what this little yellow flower is but we have quite a few of them growing along the walkway in the yard. My son loves to pick them and bring them to me when we are playing outside.


Have you ever seen a daisy just before it opens?





Have you ever noticed that the inside of an iris looks like a caterpillar?







And I love the peony bud just before it opens...


Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful mothers out there. I hope you are always able to enjoy the little things...

No comments:

Post a Comment