Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Marissa 2020

My youngest niece is a senior in high school which means that I have been taking senior portraits for family for 21 years.  When people ask how long I have been a photographer, I can't answer them. Was I a photographer as a young kid when I lined up my stuffed animals and took their portraits with my little 110?  Was I a photographer when I photographed my friends and family so I could learn to use a camera?  Was I a photographer when I took my first senior and family photos?  At the time, I was quite proud of myself but looking back, they were quite atrocious. :)  Was I a photographer when I worked for a sports photography company or was it when I acquired my business license and took portraits for my own profit?  I would love to say that I have been a photographer since I was in elementary school but I had no idea that playing with a camera would turn into a business.  Really, the journey into photography probably began with the first senior session 21 years ago.  It was that moment when I strove to take a meaningful portrait and realized that I wanted to learn how to make it better every time.


1 comment: